Placing an Order
Before we get started helping with your apartment punch we need a few details to make sure we head down the right path like:
- The unit number, and desired completion date or move in requirements.
- The unit size and any additional maintenance work that might need to occur outside of our standard punch procedures.
We want to make sure you know our crew members are onsite and engaged with the work we are committed to helping you with. That’s why we ask for all Rent Ready crew members to check in with an onsite point of contact or the main office to acquire keys and make sure they have access to the unit.
Our maintenance workers go through detailed checks and procedures before beginning work on each unit to make sure they deliver a quality punch. Before getting started they will:
- Inspect the unit for any parts that might be needed:
- Contact onsite maintenance to determine if the parts are onsite.
- Acquire any missing parts.
Our crew members follow a standard process for punching apartment units with consistent technique and quality:
- Toilets check
- Toilet seat replace as necessary
- TP Holder
- Towel bar
- Shower rod
- Shower heads check and replace
- Sink check and stoppers
- Aerators on faucets
- Faucet check
- Plunger works
- Check that sinks and tubs drain
- Caulk tub (remove old apply new)
- Caulk sink (remove old apply new)
- Caulk toilets (remove old apply new)
- Tub stopper
- Bathroom fans check
Our last step is to tidy up after our work to make sure the apartment is ready for the next step of your turn process:
- All collected trash, debris and cleaning materials are removed from the unit and disposed of onsite.
- Lights are turned off, and the HVAC system is set to a specified temperature or turned off, with the door locked.
Before leaving the property, our team wants to make sure you are aware that the work is complete and provide you with an opportunity to point out any areas where we can improve or correct any mistakes. Before leaving our maintenance workers will:
- Check in with maintenance or the main office to return the keys and any unused supplies if provided.
- If maintenance is available to inspect the unit, our crews are happy to walk through with them to make sure they can correct anything that needs addressing.
- Check entrance and deck light
- Door & hardware check
- Door stops
- Check if all outlets work
- Switches/receptacle plates clean and in place
- Light fixtures check
- Light bulbs check
- Check screens and screen doors and replace screens if necessary
- Ceiling fans check
- Smoke alarms
- Confirm A/C or heat working, if not notify
- Co2 alarm
- A/C filter
- Windows check
- Shelves check
- Turn lights off
- Turn off heat and AC by wall thermostat
- Appliance check (refrigerator, washer/dryer/stove, dishwasher, microwave)
- Hot & cold water/Water heater check
- Drip pans
- Check burners and replace if needed
- Disposal check
- Disposal stoppers
- Caulk kitchen counters (remove old apply new)
- Cabinets check
- Drawers check
- Trash out
- Dishwasher installation
- All other appliance installation
- Vent hood installation
- Disposal installation
- Ceiling fan installation
- Door slab installation
- Light fixture installation
- Sink Installation
- Faucet Installation