Placing an Order
Before we get started helping with your apartment tub refinishing we need a few details to make sure we head down the right path like:
- The unit number, and desired completion date or move in requirements.
- Order details including:
- Are we refinishing just the tub? Or are we also refinishing the surround?
We want to make sure you know our crew members are onsite and engaged with the work we are committed to helping you with. That’s why we ask for all Rent Ready crew members to check in with an onsite point of contact or the main office to acquire keys and make sure they have access to the unit.
Tub Refinishing Prep
Our crew members go through detailed checks and procedures before beginning work on each tub to make sure they keep apartment bathrooms as clean as possible and prepare the unit for the best job they can do. Good preparation is the most important step in ensuring a fantastic tub refinishing! During prep, crew members will:
- Remove old caulking from the base of the tub and where it meets the surrounds and flooring.
- Apply a stripping agent (like Super Strip) evenly in the tub interior with a paint brush and allow it to sit and remove the current tub finish.
- Scrape the stripping agent from the tub removing the tub finish and previous paint layers evenly from the interior surface area.
- Remaining tub finish and paint is sanded off to ensure previously applied paint is fully removed before a final clean.
- Use of solvent and lent free rag wipe down to remove any remaining contaminants,
- The interior of the tub is blown dry by hand and new caulking is applied where it was previously removed.
- All non-painted surfaces are taped off with painter’s tape and paper to prevent overspray on:
- Surrounds (if not included on order)
- Bathroom flooring
Our crew members follow a standard process for refinishing tubs with a consistent technique and quality:
Our last step is to tidy up after our work to make sure the apartment is ready for the next step of your turn process:
- As a final quality check, the tub is allowed a few additional minutes to dry before cleanup commences.
- All tape is removed from the interior of the tub on the faucets, drains, and surround walls.
- All tape is removed from the exterior of the tub on the flooring.
- Any additional drop cloths and plastic coverings are removed from the flooring.
- Our painters will usually leave a note on the door to make sure maintenance is aware the tub has been refinished and allowed to dry for at least 24 hours.
Before leaving the property, our team wants to make sure you are aware that the work is complete and provide you with an opportunity to point out any areas where we can improve or correct any mistakes. Before leaving our resufacers:
- Check in with maintenance or the main office to return the keys.
- If maintenance is available to inspect the unit, our crews are happy to walk through with them to make sure they can correct anything that needs addressing.
- Tub paint and gloss are mixed when full preparations are complete and the tub is ready to be sprayed.
- Paint and gloss mix is sprayed on evenly and lightly across the interior and exterior tub surface areas using an HLVP sprayer to prevent runs or drips.
- The first coat is allowed to dry for several minutes before being inspected for an even application and corrected if necessary.